I had a very bad case of momentary stupidity today.
I took a saucepan, filled it with water, and dropped two intact eggs in it. I was so ready to mount it on top of the stove, when all of a sudden, I thought to myself, "screw it! It's gonna take way too long. I'll microwave one to boil and scramble the other one instead." So I placed one in a microwavable thing-a-ma-jig half-filled with water, popped it in the microwave oven, set the timer to two minutes, and waited.
One minute into it and I found myself in the middle of a much-needed yawn when the egg literally exploded inside the oven! It gave off a loud thud like someone's head was being bashed against a concrete wall.
Just an inch away from freaking out, I quickly unplugged the device and opened it and, well, I don't think I need to explain how it looked.
So, yeah, take it from me. Intact raw eggs inside a microwave oven? NO! BiiiG NO!
To any family members of mine reading this... No worries. I cleaned it up right after taking a photo of it. I also did a little research and found out that exploding eggs aren't detrimental to microwave ovens--just to the eggs and the emotional well-being of the stupid person/people in front of it. In the latter case: me! But I'm alright. No therapy needed. LMAO!