Monday, August 1, 2011

Titli's Busy Kitchen

"As-Salāmu `Alaykum and welcome to Titli's Busy Kitchen with me, Titli Nihaan."


To the fun-loving foodies out there, the line above might be quite familiar.  If you're one and you haven't heard of her, well, you haven't lived yet.  You will hear it uttered in every episode of Titli's Busy Kitchen, a cooking channel on YouTube hosted by one Titli Nihaan, a Muslim British foodie who has, in my opinion, revolutionized simple Halal cooking.  You don't even need to be Muslim to enjoy viewing her channel and trying her recipes out.

I discovered her about a month ago while browsing YouTube for simple recipes.  In abidance with the Food Revolution movement initiated by Jamie Oliver, MBE, I took the liberty of finding a convenient way to make my own quick meals.  It was then that I had stumbled upon this amazing woman's channel.

I was so amazed that I ended up watching all her food videos in one sitting.  I'm talking about hours and hours from midnight to beyond sunrise of watching Titli-Titli-Titli.  What can I say?  I'm not Muslim, but I found another role model in her.

She's amazing, isn't she?  She's got her own brand of humour and sarcasm that gets you laughing your head off.  If you're not one for the laughs, you may get the gist by playing a video only once.  However, if you're like me, you'd be needing two or three runs--or until you manage to compose yourself to stop laughing.  I don't know about you, but as much as I admire her sheer sensibility, I also find her utterly hilarious.

If you want to know what I mean, here's a video she made that parodies many celebrity chefs.  This was inspired by comments made by YouTube users saying that she should become a TV Megachef.  In this, she shows us how to soft-boil an egg.




Well, that's about it for now.  I've tried some of her recipes.  They're awesome!  You should try them, too.



"So, join me next time in Titli's Busy Kitchen with me, Titli Nihaan.  Until next time, Khuda Hafiz!"

.
.
.