Sunday, July 31, 2011

Old Entry #14: Last Weekend's (May 9, 2009) Journal Entry

Another old entry here.

And, no, I don't think it's too early for another one.  Why would it be too early for anything written about?  Besides, this was written over two years ago, anyhow.

Do you know how to connect dots?  As early as two years ago, I've been an advocate of the RH Bill.  Well, the entry isn't really about the bill.  It's just mentioned in the course of it.  This does, however, speak of dictatorship defiance and the reality of economic and religious hierarchical influence.

Read all the way through.



This was originally posted on May 15, '09 8:18 PM on Multiply.com.


__________________________________________________



William Ramsey Clark, M.A., J.D.  - 66th Attorney General of the U.S.A.

Photo source: media2work.net


May 9, 2009


I just turned my TV off from watching an episode of Inside Iraq on Al Jazeera, my new favorite news channel.

I didn't really plan on watching today’s episode.  I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep the entire afternoon away.  My dad was the one holding the remote control and I feared a sequel to last night’s incident.  Yes, we had a quarrel the previous evening over the television volume while watching the film Incendiary—unreasonable to say the least.  However, we were already fine last night.  I just did not want to take chances.

Our cable provider apparently did not consider Al Jazeera to be a must-watch channel since they placed it on 65, among the free Indian and Middle-Eastern channels where almost no one could care less about.

So, there I was lying down in bed and recklessly allowing my thoughts to wander about.  And while at that, my ears caught the voice of “Inside Iraq’s” host.  (I forgot his name.)  I thought to myself: “Interesting, I’ll listen to this.”  The episode featured Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general.  Initially, I thought it was just gonna be the usual my-opinion-on-the-war interview but I was in for quite a surprise.  Towards the end of the show, I was struck by a question that went something like, “What was the primary motive for the Iraq war?”  Now this was something that warranted an effort to get out of bed.  But just when I was about to stand up, the commercial break came on and I didn't want to sit on a smelly couch while waiting for it to go on again.  So, I remained the way I was: lazily reclining on two huge pillows.

When the show went on again, I had lost all motivation to get up and watch.  I had almost conclusively decided that listening to the conversation would be enough.  The question was reiterated and Clark answered with something like, “the purpose of the war was for dominion and power over the region.”  Wow!  This was one honest man.  The host then retorted, asking why this was Clark’s answer when the US record was not generally colonialist over the past few scores.  “You had the Philippines but then you let it go,” he said.  For that, I knew I had to get up.  Clark stated that the U.S. had invaded more than 70 times over the last century.  Moreover, he said that the reason why the U.S. had let go of our country was because they had no use for us anymore.  Our country’s income was less than 10% of what they needed from us and they just stopped caring.

He went on to say that the war was a human catastrophe of the highest order.  For this, they had spent more on arms than all of the other countries combined—simply because Saddam Hussain did not agree for the U.S. to assume control over them and their oil.

And here we keep asking what the cause of the global economic recession is while conservative Christians repeatedly stab President Obama for his support on Reproductive Health programs.

The Philippines has numerous businesses.  Billion-dollar corporations here stand controlling the nation’s politics with rich people—the nation’s economically powerful minority—competing for the last say.  However, with that said, the most lucrative of these businesses is the Roman Catholic Church.  Yes, you read me right.  Ayala, San Miguel and such other may have the backing of the privileged few, but this corporation, masked behind a façade of religion, controls the meager majority.  The difference is this: Superpower corporations give money to the Philippine government so that they (the companies) get what they want.  Meanwhile, the Roman Catholic church in the Philippines receives money (bribe) to tell the poor masses what the government wants done.

The RC church achieves their end simply by telling everyone that it's in conformity with what God tells us to do.  A load of holy crap!  They do this while telling the masses that the reward would be eternal salvation.  Bloody hell!  They make me laugh!

A couple of months back, people from the congress introduced a Reproductive Health bill to counter overpopulation and the rapid depletion of resources.  However, the church saw this as a threat.  For them, absence of population control means more poor people will be born; and with more poor people, there will be more church-goers praying for economic aleviation.  Smart move, eh?  And where would that put the intelligent few who know what’s good for them?

Thank you for reading.  And likewise, thank you for not reading.


.
.
.