Saturday, November 12, 2011

They Had Sex

My folks were honest to me about how I came to be.  The moment I asked them how babies were made, they sat me down and dutifully explained how it all happens.  I think I was around 6 or 7, then.  I couldn't remember exactly how old.  However, I never forgot that they took time to painstakingly lay it all down in a way a child could comprehend.

For me, there were no tales of storks delivering babies on doorsteps.  For that matter, even Santa Claus, closet monsters, or the Bogeyman weren't spoke of in our household.

Some parents purposely scare their children into thinking that mysterious human-devouring creatures rest under their beds and in their closets at 9PM just so they wouldn't jump off after bedtime strikes.  And it doesn't stop there.  The list goes on.

I'm thankful my parents never used any of those scare tactics on me.  I wasn't necessarily an obedient child.  I've always had a mind of my own, but they still chose to take the parenting route of awesomeness.  Yep!  I have cool parents.  They may not have the style that Morticia and Gomez Addams have, but they're as awesome as parents could ever get!