Wednesday, December 29, 2010

EMI, Not A Single Minute of Sleep and Mom's Lost Puppy

No, not those tiny little matches that easily ignite.  I mean Electro-magnetic Interference.  It turns out the extra monitor I have for my notebook is one.  It's such a bummer.  Its presence, whether functional or otherwise, causes my notebook's wi-fi signal reception to crawl from four bars to a staggering two.  Gahd!  The killer part is it's gonna slow me down even if it's not turned on.  Its mere presence hinders my ability to connect to the world.  Isn't that such a bummer?  Sure, it enables me to see more of my work, but it comes at a great cost.

Okay, you're probably thinking right now, "Can this guy get any stupider?"  Of course I can.  Like duh!  I yelled around Facebook last night about this in, like, two sentences and I told the world I'd head straight to the hardware store to get an Ethernet cable right when I wake up.  Well, I didn't exactly violate that 'cause I never actually got any sleep.  Yes, you got that.  Literally, not a single minute of sleep since getting up at 1:00PM yesterday afternoon.

Hmmm...  I wonder why.  Maybe it's because of that black peppermint Americano coffee I had last night at Bo's.  Do you think so, too?  Well, of course.  No other explanation.  I burned my tongue with that heat last night and it still stings up to now.  My taste buds aren't functioning very well, so I didn't enjoy my lunch.

I'm supposed to take a quick shower after writing this entry and head straight to Gerry's Grill for a meeting, but it's raining and I feel like taking a nap.  Rain, oh, rain, why do you torment me so?

Hey, we've strayed so far from Ethernet cables now.  So, anyway, I'm going to get a couple of yards of that thick wire so I can get going.  I cannot wait for the carpenter to nail this thing in place!  I'll just grab my tacker and let it crawl like a wild vine until I'm successfully able to get the other end where I need it to be--my room. What am I saying?  My grandmother's going to murder me if I ever do anything like that!

Of course, I'm not serious!  Duh!

Oh my!  I just noticed me causing myself annoyance.  Wow!  Am I amazing or what?

Oh, yeah, Inu, my mom's Akita Inu, disappeared.  I won't tell you how and why because people are going to get hurt.  All I'm going to say about it is the fact that it wasn't my fault at all.  I was in Cebu when it happened.  Mom already ran a radio broadcast message all over the province of Bohol and now we're printing flyers.  Go figure!  I'm going to have a specialized collar made for Janggo so he won't get ever lost.



My world is spinning!  Should I gulp down another grande of concentrated Americano and force myself to stay up or should I be an opportunist and gamble on three hours of sleep?  I don't know.