Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sleep and Shower and Inu and Children and Babies and Christmas

Well, right now it's 2:42AM and I don't feel like sleeping yet.  [LOL]  I chose to doze off after my previous post when the apparent right thing to do was take a quick hot steamy shower, grab a grande of (home-maid-made) cappuccino and attend my meeting at Gerry's.  Of course, I knew the moment I dove into the rumpled sheets of my bed that none of that had a chance of happening anymore.  Three hours isn't even realistic!  Not even for just 15 hours or awake time.  I'm a real sucker for sleep.  Believe me!

I woke up at 10:00PM!  Go figure!  [More LOL]  I, in turn, woke the maid up for some dinner and a bottle of frozen chocolate milk.  I took the entire thing up here afterwards.  It's seriously addictive!  Not a problem, though, 'cause there's plenty more in the fridge to go around.

Anyway, I just finished writing a page-long letter to distribute to the captains of every single Barangay in the vicinity of Loay Interior Highway all the way though Candelaria, Dagohoy.

Check this out!



We've mass produced this and we're going to start distributing copies all over the north tomorrow.

Anyway, so much about those sad things.  You may be wondering why my title says what it says.  Well, the reason why is this:  I decided to scan blogs on Blogger by clicking the next blog button on the heads up section of the page.  The first two pages I got to were of a couple and their children.  I was, like, "okay, coincidence, maybe."  I moved on by clicking on next again.  I wanted to land on a food blog or something like that, but no matter how many times I clicked, I would always land on something about children and babies and how happy a certain Christian family is with their Christmas celebration.

What ever gave blogger.com the idea that I wanted to read about an American family's holiday celebration?  Well, I kind of actually read them anyway--enjoyably at that--so Blogger probably tapped into my subconscious.  It was way different from how my family celebrated Christmas, but very similar in emotional aspects.  Of course, the American families didn't have fire rituals on the night of the Winter Solstice, but they had good food on Christmas eve just like we did.  They had their Christmas ham while we had our Christmas roast pig. They had presents and we had ours to.  The most poignant part of my readings was sharing the family's joy even in this small way.  It was like I transported myself back in time and I joined their celebration like I was a member of the family myself.

Anyway, I need to end this here.  I've got loads to do.