Friday, December 31, 2010

Year-End Interfaith Session with Bohol Goodwill Volunteers Cooperation Circle Leaders and the Bohol Lodge of the Theosophical Society

It wasn't exactly the year-end party that I wanted to happen, but it did the job anyway.

I kind of had an upbeat celebration in mind where there would be dancing and people would be eating and standing up for most of the time, but that's just not how things went.  I was very busy with my own life's happenings for the last how many weeks that I didn't have the time to organize a plenary session for a party--let alone have the party itself materialize.  It's not like I could just announce to the world and my interfaith community that a party is happening and that they're all invited and that they should abandon prior commitments.  That's just wrong!

Anyhow, I figured something out.  Since all but one of the leaders of the Bohol Goodwill Volunteers CC are members of the TS, I just did the convenient thing and turned the year's final TS Thursday meeting into an interfaith celebration as well.  I invited Adrienne, who was already a TS enthusiast anyway, to join and everyone was happy.  There was food, which I wasn't able to take photos of; there was laughter; and best of all, there was a harmonious conversation between people of different faiths.  They all learned something new from me last night.  We were few, so we occupied the usual conference table.  It served us well.  Everyone spoke and everyone listen to whomever was speaking.

I, however, declare that last night's session would be the last joined session.  The Theosophical Society, being a secret/esoteric society, does have its secrets and not everyone's ears may be readily open to receiving them.  Willingness to join both sessions held on separate days of the week is an option offered every Goodwill Volunteer starting 2011.

Check these out, anyway:


Mark opening the session



Salve Regina (in white) and I (in green V-neck)



Candles are relaxing, aren't they?











Dad



Manong Gil and Mark



Ate Cora, Adrienne, and Marjorie