Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I've Just Started

I've been meaning to do this for a while now but I just got the chance (courage) to do this today.  Not that there haven't been hours-of-nothing-to-do in the past, it just occurred to me to create an account with blogger a couple of minutes ago so I did.

And now, here I am!

I got the idea of a-blog-a-day from my friend Adrienne which she got from watching the movie Julie & Julia (starring my favorite actress of all time, Meryl Streep).  I've seen the film already - even way before she mentioned it to me - but I didn't derive any idea of blogging out of it.  It just encouraged me to keep cooking.  Julia Child is one of my culinary role models.  She's second to Jamie Oliver on my list.  Yes, she comes in second and before you start ranting about how you think she's way better, remember that this is my blog and it's the things I say that matter.  She may, indeed, be better but Jamie's still my #1.

I already have a blog, actually.  In fact, I've been blogging for quite some time now.  However, my entries are quite seldom.  I only post entries when I feel like it.  I didn't turn it into a habit like Adrienne did.  I want to create something different here.  I want to make this a daily habit.  With that said, though, I'm not going to start today.  I'm going to start on the first day of my birth month, October.  It's not a good idea to start in the middle of the month since it would have less symbolic meaning compared to something that begins on a "1st".  Don't you agree?

So, what I'm going to do here while waiting for October 1st is introduce you to a series of old posts from my old blog.  It will be like getting to know me.  Be forewarned that these posts I'm talking about are quite lengthy and aren't really topics one would readily be interested in.  I'm posting them anyway.

Enjoy!