Saturday, September 25, 2010

Zero Hours of Sleep

I'm actually yawning while writing this.  I'm extremely exhausted right now.  A couple of hours ago, I just got a new oDesk contract as a writer.  I can't tell you who I'm doing it for or exactly what it is that I'm going to be writing for my new employer.

I loved how smooth the hiring process was, all I did was submit a cover letter to a job posting with references to a quasi-fitness-related article and this blog.  A few hours later, I received a notification telling me I was being considered.  And then after a short conversation with the employer, I got the job.  It's amazing how things favor you when you really want them.  It's also really important to know how to express how you feel about something you're aiming for.  I'm blessed with that gift.

So, anyway, so much for career talk.

I'm having a runny nose.  Apparently, my yawns, which are causing my tears, are causing my nose to drip.  I'm like a walking improperly sealed bottle of lotion.



Random thought:  What if our noses were to excrete spaghetti noodles instead of mucus?



That question made me think about The Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Am I even making sense right now?  I'm writing so I wouldn't fall asleep.  My roommate is cooking lunch for the 4 of us here and if I so much as allow my head to touch the pillow, I'm sure I'm gonna drift away.  And if I drift away, bringing me back is quite an arduous task.  I'd probably end up sleeping with an empty tummy and waking up at 7PM with a bad case of GERD.  I really don't like it when that happens.  I need to eat before hitting the hay.

I know what you're thinking.  Lunch at 3PM?  Night time sleep pushed all the way past 3PM?  Hello!  Eccentric male specimen here!

I miss my mom.  I'm going to send her a text message.

I can hear Janette talking about moving to another call center.  She's ranting about how she needs to get a job and how she feels utterly useless just sitting around the house all day burning her termination pay from CitiBank.  The pot's almost empty.

Anyway, I need to end this entry now.  My roommate should be done by now.  I'm reaaaly hungry already.  I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse!