Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fuck Yeah, Lea Salonga!

You're probably wondering why I didn't write about the Chile mining fiasco and its end.  Well, a lot of people have already written about it and I've read several highly opinionated entries talking about it so I was afraid I'd pick up other writers' statements.  That tends to happen if one writes for a living.  If you write, too, you've probably noticed that at one point in your career.  Well, maybe not everyone has that dilemma, but some certainly do.  You may have had it before but never noticed that you did and now you've outgrown it.  Who knows?  Maybe this is a problem that's common for the likes of me who've just started.  Anyway, if you want to read about it, check out Gibbs Cadiz's write-up.  It's a really good one.

Okay, what did I have in mind again?  Oh, yeah!  I discovered this Tumblr blog called Fuck Yeah, Lea Salonga!.  It's a comprehensive fan page that updates all its readers of everything going on in the public life of Lea.  News articles, photos, videos - you name it!  It's just so depressing that I can't be an official follower.  I'd have to open an account with the host site and I don't really feel the necessity to.  What for?  I already have Blogger and it's serving my purpose.  Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to manually direct myself to the site to check for anything new.  I don't mind.  Anything for Lea Salonga!

More about Lea Salonga!  She was just Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization during the World Food Day celebration held in Rome, Italy.  She--along with Celine Dion, Italian actor Raoul Bova, and Oscar winner Susan Sarandon--now carries a banner leading the rest of the world in the fight against hunger.

"As a Filipino, a mother, a wife and a woman, I have a responsibility to join this fight against hunger.  It's important because of my mother who knows what it's like to be hungry, and for my daughter who I pray will never have to know.  As UN goodwill ambassador and in spreading FAO's message, I hope that no member of the future generation will have to go through this either."

- Lea Salonga
UNFAO Goodwill Ambassador

 
 Lea Salonga singing John Lennon's Imagine


I'll share my thoughts about hunger in another post.  Maybe tomorrow or the next day.  Not today.  I have a lot of work waiting to be done.

Toodles!