Wednesday, October 13, 2010

For 10/12/2010: From Far, Far Away

No, I'm not talking about The Kingdom of Far, Far Away.  Who am I?  Shrek?  That title literally means that I'm far, far away from my house.

Today has been an extremely busy day.  I woke up this morning at around 9AM and left shortly before lunch.  I've been out since then.  Right now, I'm doing research somewhere blogging isn't a feasible option so I'm writing on a really huge leaf.  Of course I'm not!  I'm kidding, okay!  I'm scribbling on paper again.  I also cannot take photos since this activity is kind of classified.  I might get charged with causing a breach in security or violation of secrecy policy and go to jail so I left all my communication devices at home.  Yes, including my mobile phone.  I wasn't explicitly instructed to do that but what the heck.

I'm all alone now.  My company has left me.  They're probably all finished by this time and all safely home.  My fault for being so damn good at this!  Also, speaking of time, I have no way to tell what time it is since I'm not wearing a wrist watch.  Come to think of it, I don't really own one anymore.  I've been very dependent on mobile phones that I never really thought of buying other devices that have the exclusive function of telling time.  Heck, I don't even have a wall clock in my house.

It must be way past 8PM now and I'll be heading home soon.  I just need to finish surveying the...  Oops!  Wait... Yeah... You don't know what I'm talking about so it's okay.

It's very dark around and my lighting device is showing faint signs that its power source is about to kick the bucket.  I probably have about an hour left on this baby.  At least I hope so.  I just thought I'd write while I have the chance.  Who knows?  I might get lost and not make it home in time.  Or, or, or I, myself might kick the bucket on the way home.  Goodness forbid!  Please!

Well, when I get home, I might decide to hit the hay right away - probably even without cleaning myself.  I'm dead tired even as I write so when I finish my last pit, I'd probably just sleep, roll myself downhill and wake up when I reach the foot.

My lamp is flickering!  Back to work!