Monday, October 18, 2010

Just an Hour and I Don't Know How Many More

I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this right.  I really am dedicated to my posting habit, but I don't know exactly when to draw lines on exceptions...  Or if there should be any at all.  I'm really not in good condition today.  I still want to write, but I'm not sure if I'll be saying the right things.  I'll be as self-censoring as I can.

Today is Janette's 28th birthday and we've been eating all day.  I just got up from a one-hour-short slumber episode.  My body sort of gave up on me when boredom hit--when the environment became something I wasn't able to sink my teeth on.  All of a sudden, everyone around me was talking about a working company that I had nothing to do with, so I took to playing Feeding Frenzy 2 on my notebook.  When I got bored with that, which was like half-an-hour immersed into the game, was when I decided to hit the bed and pass out.

I woke up at around 10PM yesterday to work on my articles, but I was only able to do a few.  I didn't meet my daily quota, so to speak.  I spent more time watching YouTube videos than actually working.  I know, it was an avoidable incident, but I really couldn't help it.  Lea Salonga's voice! You know...  And if you're wondering, just listening to her voice is not enough if I know that a video of her singing is actually playing.  Is it even humanly possible?

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that I've been awake for nearly 24 hours.  It's almost 10PM.  What was your question?  I slept?  Yes, for one hour!  One freaking hour!  How much energy do you realistically think that'd give a human being who's been up all day?  Cooking and eating.  Don't discount that fact!

So, yeah, I need to go back to the table now.  The birthday girl has invited two more guests and I need to dive back in there.  I've been away for much too long!  After this, it's work, work, work.  The question is:  "Will I be able to actually do anything productive?"  The risk isn't falling asleep, it's the digital distractions of the cyberworld.

Should I hit my (home) office desk right after this or should I try to get more sleep?  I don't know.  Don't answer that.  I'll decide when we're done here.

Toodles!