Thursday, October 7, 2010

About Sad Videos

If someone sends me a sad video depicting the depressing reality of poverty, abortion, pollution, war, and other socially relevant issues, of course I'd watch it.  I'm not going to like it, but at least my awareness would be broadened and I would be inclined to fight more for righteousness and upholding good principles.  If it's about dramatic past events that have shaped history, bring it!  If it's a love story with poetic justice, turn the television on and let's see it!  Even if you show me a video of a pathetic woman suffering from dementia, walking around the city and not knowing how to get home, I'd go for it 'cause I find it relevant.

I'd be happy to watch stuff like that.  I don't really mind sobbing a little.  However, if you try to show me videos about ruined relationships blaming whomsoever, or videos about how his and her love came to be because he winked at her and she winked back, don't even bother.

If someone I know relates his/her story to me, I'd listen or read intently, and I know I'm going to love it.  But if you want to show me a video of what you dream an ideal love should be or of a devastating break-up without so much as an inch of intelligent sense in the course of it, I'll pass.

I like exploring the cyberspace tube even if I come across nonsensical posts.  I'm bound to find sense somewhere in my day's journey.  And also, if the nonsense posts are considered forms of artistic expression by their authors, I'd see that as a justification for sense.  Somewhere in there is art that I may not be aware of.  I appreciate that.  I'm not going to get mad because in the first place, it was my choice to explore it.

It's a different story regarding stuff shared to me.  If you find something that makes you want to share it to people, count me in ONLY IF you're certain it's sensible.  Otherwise don't.

_____________________________________________

And the power just went out again.  This is the first instance today and hopefully the only one.  I'll have to wait 'till it comes back before I could post this entry.

_____________________________________________

Finally!  Posting...